Final design stage

Today I have been doing the final logo design in Illustrator. Illustrator is a new software to me, I usually use Photoshop for most things. I’d done my initial designs in Photoshop but because of the possible issue with pixilation when re-sizing, as mentioned in my previous blog, I decided to do the whole logo in Illustrator.

I had a few issues with it to start with, for some reason it kept changing my font and it was one of those moments when you look at your work and know there is something not right but can’t quite put your finger on it!

Once I realised the font was completely wrong and that’s why it didn’t look right, I further realised that when I did the original design I did two separate fonts, I have done that many variations I had become confused! Using the same font for the logo and web address just doesn’t look right… I also outlined them, ungrouped so that I can position and alter the so that they are not directly the same font from adobe, the reasoning for this is in my previous blog post.

I altered all the typography and focused on the positioning. I spoke to a fellow student Iqra about the design and we had a nice chat about the web address font size needing to be changed.

At this stage I just wasn’t sure which positioning of the web address looked better so I decided to ask everyone in my year via the ADMP (Art Design Media Practice) Facebook group page.

Screen Shot 2016-05-10 at 13.03.14

I am now awaiting feedback…

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s